Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wearing the baby

One of the key pieces of baby gear I have for Evey is my Moby wrap. I wear her 5+ hours every single day, and she loves it. I must say that without the wrap I would not be able to function. Having two hands free, and mobility, while holding a baby snug is ideal. Plus, all the bouncing and moving around (she KNOWS when I'm sitting or standing still, the little monster) are doing a wonder on my leg muscles.

Here we are at 1 week of age, at a family reunion/double anniversary party. I'm wearing the Moby wrap, which is a soft and sturdy length of cotton jersey. Evey can't get enough of the Moby. I think that it is the swaddled, safe feeling that she finds comforting. She is a very attached baby, and takes all her naps while worn. Even when I nurse her down to sleep, she knows exactly when I move away and wakes a few minutes later -always highly put out that I had the nerve to leave. The horror!















And here I am with Evey in a ring sling that I made for Maddie when she was about 7 or 8 months old. The tail of the sling has a large zippered pocket for storing a cloth/diaper/keys/credit card when we are out and about. The slings are fine for quick moments in a store, but cannot come close to the comfort that a wrap can offer for extended periods. When Evey out grows the stretchy Moby, she will graduate to my Leo red Storch. We will have comfort for years t come!







No comments:

Post a Comment